Copy record link inop

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

john cesta
    Participant

When I copy the record link and paste it into another app and click on it it opens tapforms main menu. It doesn’t open the record.

Should it?

October 6, 2019 at 12:05 AM #36974

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, it should open the record.

What platform are you doing this on? And what’s the other app?

Does it work if you paste in Safari?

October 6, 2019 at 2:01 AM #36982

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Alternatively if you’re comfortable with the macOS Terminal app, open <tfurl> is another way of triggering the URL as well.

October 6, 2019 at 8:09 PM #36985

john cesta
    Participant

IPadOS 13.1.2 or the latest greatest

I tried
    Agenda notes
    Safari
    Apple calendar

It opens tap forms to the main menu of my documents.

October 6, 2019 at 9:00 PM #36986

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Works ok for me on iOS 13.1.2 on a iPhone via Safari and Shortcuts, I was playing with it today figuring something else out. I’ll check out an iPad a little later.

This might be a silly question, are you sure the form and record still exists on the document?

October 7, 2019 at 5:52 AM #36992

john cesta
    Participant

Yes. I try different ones

October 8, 2019 at 12:14 AM #37000

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I haven’t been able to reproduce this on my iPad when I did a quick test copying the URL and then pasting into Safari, it returned me to the record reliably.

The only other thing I could think of is if you had multiple copies of the document with the same ID?

Not been much help on this one :S

October 8, 2019 at 5:07 AM #37001

john cesta
    Participant

Well if I leave tapforms with the document displayed it does not make it past the document.

If I open it up to the forms then the copied link will make it to the record. See images

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 8, 2019 at 5:10 AM #37004

john cesta
    Participant

When you tested this did you exit out of tapforms completely?

If I leave tapforms with the forms menu displayed it will open the form and go to the record.

But if tapforms is not yet open at all it only opens tf and displays the document menu.

October 8, 2019 at 10:03 PM #37023

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

If I kill Tap Forms entirely I can reproduce what you see. First request does just load the document screen and the second request triggers the document to open and displays the record.

October 9, 2019 at 12:18 AM #37026

Brendan
    Keymaster

This is hard to debug. If I run it in Xcode, the app is obviously running and it works perfect. When I kill the app and try accessing the URL, Tap Forms launches, but doesn’t open the document. The joys of programming :)

October 9, 2019 at 1:04 AM #37027

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, I figured out why it’s not working when the app is launched. It’s because the code that registers for the /record/view URL format doesn’t get registered until the database documents list screen is loaded. And the code that processes the incoming URLs happens before that. So when you launch Tap Forms, that /record/view route gets registered. Then when you call the URL, that route is already registered, so Tap Forms knows what to do. But when Tap Forms isn’t running yet, the route is not registered so Tap Forms doesn’t know how to handle that route.

I need to move the route registration earlier up the chain, to the application level and not the documents list level.

October 9, 2019 at 1:37 AM #37028

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, I fixed it. :)

October 9, 2019 at 6:32 AM #37030

john cesta
    Participant

Cool. Thanks.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.