Copy and Paste

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Philip Tate
    Participant

I would like to be able to copy a column from Excel and paste it into Tapforms. I would like to be able to copy multiple records and paste into new records within Tapforms. As far as I know, neither one can be done with the current Mac version (3.5.1) so please consider this a feature request. I have a missing column of data in a form and no way to populate it without re-importing the original and re-entering multiple records.
    Thanks.

May 20, 2015 at 1:19 PM #13772

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

For now you could always export your form and import it into Excel and then paste the missing values in and then re-import back into Tap Forms. You just have to make sure you have the “Export Record IDs” option turned ON. Tap Forms will export the unique record identifier along with each record in the CSV file. Then you make your change in Excel and re-import that file. Tap Forms will perform an update on any records that it finds matching the record ID.

Paste is on my to-do list for the multi-column list view, especially since I now have copy there too.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.