Converting from one form to another?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Chris Brown
    Participant

Hi

New user here. So far very impressed with what I have been able to accomplish with this software.

I am in the process of making a customer inquiry form, fairly basic. Customer details, Product,price quoted etc. Is there any way that if and when the sale is completed I can convert this form to a customer order form? I can then add all the other details like, freight company, serial numbers, payment received etc?

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

October 14, 2015 at 2:50 AM #14997

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

I’m very sorry but there’s no function to do that sort of thing in Tap Forms. It’s more of a general purpose database application than anything that specific. But you could maybe add a separate section (using a Section Heading field) within the form to contain the other information you need for a order form. Then you could maybe have a Text field with a Pick List attached to it so you can separate your inquiries from your orders using a couple of Saved Searches to filter the records. When a record goes from being an inquiry to an order, you can just select the value from the Pick List and the record will be available in the other filtered list.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.