Contact field, is there a way to disable the thumbnail?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Contact field, is there a way to disable the thumbnail?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

captain
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    After the latest update, the contact field shows a photo for the chosen contact.
    Is there a way to disable this, as it is ruining my layout and doesn’t look good.
    I can’t find it.

October 29, 2019 at 11:31 AM #37538

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Captain,

I’ll have to look into that. I believe it was reported as a bug that I didn’t have it on custom layouts like I had it on the Default Layout. Perhaps I can link it to the “Show accessory controls” function so you can turn it off with all the rest of the accessory controls.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 27, 2019 at 2:29 AM #38322

captain
    Participant

Hi Brendan, would be nice if I can turn this off separately.
    Another option would be for me if the thumbnail doesn’t show up at all if the selected contact doesn’t have a picture. Right now, all the contacts that I use don’t have the picture, but show a sort of placeholder that reads ‘Button’.
    The placement of the ‘button’ text messes up my layout badly.

November 27, 2019 at 2:32 AM #38324

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve fixed the Button text issue for the next update. It won’t show anymore.

November 27, 2019 at 4:33 AM #38327

captain
    Participant

Cheers for that, do you know when the new update will be available?

November 27, 2019 at 3:06 PM #38341

Brendan
    Keymaster

It’s being beta tested now and there is some feedback for things I still have to fix. So no exact ETA just yet. Hopefully not too long.

January 16, 2020 at 2:29 AM #39258

captain
    Participant

Hey Brendan, happy new year (a little late, but still:) ).
    Thanks for the implementation so far.

Sorry to keep nagging about this, but my database uses accesory controls heavily (i have to input several fields all throughout each workingday via my custom layout, so i need to see the controls all the time).
    Right now, the contact-thumbnail picture is showing because i have obviously set the accessory controls to ‘on’.

Would it be possible to have a separate option for just the contact field to show/hide the contact photo?

January 17, 2020 at 12:18 AM #39298

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Captain. I’ll have to think about that having another button for just the contact field.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.