Connecting multiple people to one account

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Connecting multiple people to one account

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

mcinnis
    Participant

Hello

I love Tap Forms and would like to find a way that multiple users could have access to the same database. Can iCloud Sync be configured to allow several users to share data or does it just share data across my devices. My hope is that I can connect multiple users with the same iCloud Sync account so that all users have access to updated data.

Let me know if this is possible.

June 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM #6265

Roo
    Participant

Could you not just set up an extra iTunes account and then share the username and password to hose you want to have access? You would need a separate email username but I can’t see what other problem you would have unless Apple only allows one account per person?

August 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM #6432

Turbo
    Participant

iOS and Mac devices allow one primary and multiple secondary iCloud accounts to be set up on that device. Only the primary iCloud account on a device can sync with iCloud Documents and Data, which is what Tap Forms uses for syncing.

If an individual has their own personal primary iCloud account on their device, that is the only account Tap Forms can sync with. The second (shared) iCloud account you are looking to add to your devices unfortunately will not work in the way that you hoped. The only way would be to make the suggested shared account the primary iCloud account on each person’s device, but then you can’t individually use other synced apps such as Pages, Numbers, etc without sharing those docs too. Photostream and iOS device backup are the two other things that can only work on a device’s primary iCloud account.

Hope that helps.

August 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM #6433

Turbo
    Participant

[dupe] sorry.

August 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM #6436

Brendan
    Keymaster

It would be great if Apple allowed apps to select a different iCloud account for sync purposes. But unfortunately they don’t.

August 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM #6516

Yogie
    Participant

Now is there a way to share and sync data with multiple devices regardless of the iCloud account?

I have the following scenario:

Our iMac is using our shared iCloud / AppleID where we have Tap Forms for Mac installed.

My wife has an iPhone the primary AppleID is the shared one and she is having her own AppleID for iCloud sync.

I do have an iPhone also using the share iCloud / AppleID and my own personal AppleID for iCloud sync. Same setup on my iPad.

Now I would love to synchronize only specific Forms on all devices including our iMac.
    Some Forms should be and stay private and not synched – respectively they should be synched but only at the personal iCloud of each user.

Can this be achieved and if how?

Cheers
    Yogie

August 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM #6534

Brendan
    Keymaster

There’s no way to sync specific forms. It’s the entire database or nothing. That’s the way Apple recommended we build iCloud based apps.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.