Computer Inventory

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

TJ Luoma
    Participant

Hello all. I didn’t know this morning that I would be looking for database software today, and after looking around at several that scared me off for various reasons, I decided to check out Tap Forms, but I’m still trying to decide if it’s right for me.

I’m trying to keep track of all the various devices on my home network: Macs, iPhones, iPads, game consoles, printers, etc.

I’ve been using a text file, but I’d like something a little moreā€¦ flexible? I might be able to get by with an Excel spreadsheet, but I didn’t really like that idea for some reason, although it would definitely be the cheapest option.

Anyway, before I reinvent the wheel, I wonder if someone already had a template for something like this.

I’ve been using a fairly simple column format:

1. MAC address
    2. Name
    3. IP address
    4. Model Identifier
    5. Vendor
    6. Details / Notes

If so, please let me know.

Thanks!

July 20, 2019 at 1:39 PM #35972

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi TJ,

Tap Forms would be able to build a form to collect that information for you quite easily. All you need to do is create the form, then click the + button at the bottom of the Fields list to add the fields and type in the field titles and choose the field types. Such as Text or Note fields (for use in your example). But that’s all you really need to do to get started. Then you can begin entering your data right away.

I’ve attached a simple Computer Inventory form for you.

Use the Import Form Template command to import this .tff file.

Thanks,

Brendan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.