Complete reset Dropbox on Mac

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

wesleyshaw
    Participant

Hey, I’ve got all three versions of the app: syncing is working fine between my iPad and my iPhone, but only the iPhone shows up in my list of devices and it’s showing that it hasn’t synced since September (I just synced a moment ago for the 50th time).

I’ve reset sync, restarted, enabled and disable sync, deleted and reinstalled the app on the Mac and iPhone but somewhere it’s clearly referring to some other sync file and I can’t get it to look in Dropbox.

I used to have iCloud sync, but deleted that app and am using the latest version (downloaded 10 minutes ago) from your site.

I really like the app (have been using it for months and months), but need this sync to work. Open to any suggestions. Thanks.

December 3, 2015 at 2:22 PM #15394

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Wesley,

I would recommend clicking on the None sync service to logout of Dropbox, then click on Dropbox again and re-authenticate with Dropbox. That’ll clear out any cached files that Dropbox has been maintaining. Then re-enable sync on all your devices one at a time until all devices appear in the list of Registered Devices.

Hopefully that’ll get you going again.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.