Compiling and Calculating Records in One Report

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Compiling and Calculating Records in One Report

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Karina Schafer
    Participant

This there a way I can compile and calculate information across all the records?
    I have a dbase I built to sell items on eBay. I would like to be able to create a report that lists all that I have sold during X period and the add up the sales and profit fields. Is it possible to do this with TapForms?

Thank you!

Karina

January 28, 2020 at 1:04 AM #39370

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Karina,

This is possible to do with the Mac version if you want to print.

If you just want to view the list of records and see totals, then you can do that on iOS and macOS.

Switch to the Multi-Column List View and view your records in a spreadsheet format. Then on macOS, click on the Sigma ∑ button to show the Calculation row. Then click below each of your fields that contain numeric data and select one of Total, Average, Minimum, or Maximum.

Tap Forms will display the totals for you now. You can have it display different calculations for each Saved Search. You can use the Saved Searches for filtering your records. For example, if you have a Date field in your form, you could have Tap Forms display a list of records for just last month’s items. The totals display would be just for last month’s items. You can do this for a bunch of different date periods.

On the iOS version you go into the Field Options screen when editing your field in your form and set the Calculation Type for that field. Again, to Total, Minimum, Maximum, or Average. You’ll see the results at the bottom of the Multi-Column view.

You can also enable the Show Group Summaries option on the multi-column view to display sub-totals per section.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.