Comments on WiFi Sync between iMac & iPad

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Comments on WiFi Sync between iMac & iPad

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Paul Symons
    Participant

I have an iMac and an iPad both running the new TapForms version. The iPad is connected by WiFi and the iMac with an Ethernet cable. I wondered therefore if I would be able to use the ‘Nearby Sync’ method because my iMac was connected with a cable. Initially both machines could not find each other on my network. I therefore turned on Wifi on my iMac so it could be seen by my iPad and my iPad could see my iMac. They showed up with a green dot on both machines. I then turned OFF the Wifi on the iMac.
    To my surprise sync between both machines works quickly and perfectly thru my network (without using wifi on the iMac). Therefore after initial setup it is not necessary to have wifi running on both machines.
    This was not clear in the online manual but may be of interest to other users.

August 10, 2016 at 4:24 PM #18420

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Thanks for verifying this. I don’t have an Ethernet network at home (where I work), so that’s a scenario I had never had an opportunity to test.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.