Combo of Tap Forms; iPhone 6+ iOS 12; Watch 4 iOS 5.1: Problems

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Combo of Tap Forms; iPhone 6+ iOS 12; Watch 4 iOS 5.1: Problems

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Stan TAYLOR
    Participant

Just for info of anyone using this combination of Hardware + Software.
    There is a discussion on the Apple Forum regarding this situation at:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8625162?start=45&tstart=0

I am running the Hardware and iOS set up mentioned and experienced several Apps, including Tap Forms, had been Uninstalled from my Watch 4.
    This group of Apps repeatedly fail to re-install. There is at least one App, Dark Sky, that like Tap Forms awaits Installation but it is still capable of issuing weather warnings. These warnings flow frequently from my Watch just like they did when the App was properly installed.
    A few Apps remain functional on my Watch and after being Uninstalled they can be re-installed.
    This seems to depend upon the timing of recent App Updates.

The discussion mentioned was stumbled across just before I was about to Reset the Watch, apparently the recovery process fails to make any improvements.At least my time was not wasted with Reset and re-installing from Back Up.
    Hopefully few Tap Form Users will be affected.

November 20, 2018 at 9:43 PM #31898

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Stan,

Thanks for posting this. I haven’t seen this issue myself, but I install Tap Forms on my Apple Watch 4 (5.1.1) via Xcode. So not sure if it’s different than regular installations.

I haven’t noticed this issue.

November 21, 2018 at 12:24 AM #31901

Stan TAYLOR
    Participant

Hi Brendan

I do not understand the full story, and there is rather a lot of dross to read through in the mentioned discussion, but it seems as if the usual route for updating is part of the problem.

It is absolutely Apples Bag and apparently, they have offered at least one Customer a refund on their Watch 4. In the UK things kick in VERY slowly so I intend visiting to make a complaint in person.

Annoyingly this could have been avoided completely. I intended to update to the iPhone XS, just after it was released, but was unable to find the Space Grey version. Frankly I was horrified to learn that Apple have decided to call the plastic look shiny Black model ‘Space Grey’. The other colours are not at all apealing so to switch I will have to source a slim cover, with good ‘drop’ protection’, that will hide all but the front face.

Unfortunately it seems that Apple are thirsty for more proffits and continually attempt to ease [read ‘force’] Users in the direction of increasingly expensive upgrades? Some may not be aware, like me, that iOS 12
    destroys the usability of Numbers on OS X El Capitan. All Files run on my iPad cannot be opened by my Mac, if there was a Warning notification I missed it. This resulted in not having vital personal information available for a Hospital Appointment. Apple are not the flavour of the month, for me.

I am hoping that there will be some action on this problem soon, before the need to regain access to the TF Database kicks in to more than double figures evey week. TF on the Watch has proved indispenable for me. Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.