Colors for date field

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

thewinterbard
    Participant

Hello, I’ve got a set of entries with dates spanning a three-month period. I would like each date to be assigned a different color (for use in the map view etc.), but there’s no way to generate a pick list from the date field. Is there any way to do this, automatically or otherwise? Thanks!

September 8, 2020 at 11:04 PM #41890

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

No I’m sorry that’s not possible. You would have to use a Text field to assign a Pick List to, that has different colour values which will be given different map pin colours on the map view.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 8, 2020 at 11:31 PM #41893

thewinterbard
    Participant

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. That’s kind of what I figured, but it would be handy if something like this could be introduced at some point–I’ve got a three month timescale here, so having to make a pick list of some 90 items (and then go through selecting them each time) is not very practical. Thanks again for your help!

September 9, 2020 at 1:29 AM #41895

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Couldn’t you use a script field to refer to the date field and copy it to a hidden text field that is associated to the pick list? You’d probably still have to manually create the pick list though and assign the colours so it doesn’t save the colour assignment side.

Though perhaps as a feature for future could you have a sliding colour palette? A sorted autolist with an autopalette would work here and so long as you had a range to work with on the HSV scale it wouldn’t be too hard to implement or a set of predefined colour palettes. Random thoughts.

Another feature could be programatic manipulation of pick lists as well to set colour values. Or even just set it directly on the record like the record colour.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.