Cloudant to iCloud

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

How do I migrate from current Cloudant sync to iCloud sync? Just logout from Cloudant and Enable iCloud sync on all devices (e.g. iPhone, iPad, Macbook)?

Thanks,
    Aik Pin

May 20, 2017 at 4:12 PM #23233

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes. Do one at a time. I mean you can logout of Cloudant on all devices, but then enable iCloud sync on one device at a time. Let it finish syncing all its data, then enable iCloud sync on the next device, let it finish, and so on.

May 20, 2017 at 4:14 PM #23235

Brendan
    Keymaster

Also please note that the first sync can take quite a while with iCloud, especially if you have attachments or photos.

May 20, 2017 at 8:41 PM #23237

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

ok thanks

May 21, 2017 at 6:56 AM #23245

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

How do I check if the first sync with iCloud sync is completed on the Macbook?

May 21, 2017 at 10:42 AM #23248

Brendan
    Keymaster

You’ll see messages appearing at the bottom-right of the document’s window.

If those messages have stopped, then it’s done syncing.

May 22, 2017 at 3:17 AM #23253

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

After I turned on iCloud Sync on iPhone, the app keeps crashing. After opening the form, after approximately 5 seconds, it crashed. I tried many times it’s the same. I have restarted the iPhone and still the same.

I am also not able to turn off iCloud Sync on iPhone.

Can you help?

Thanks,
    Aik Pin

May 22, 2017 at 6:19 AM #23255

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

I disabled my wifi and mobile data and it didn’t crash. And I am also able to turn of the iCloud sync successfully. But when I turn back on the wifi and mobile data and enable iCloud sync again, it crashes. So I think it is the iCloud syncing that is causing the app crashes.

May 22, 2017 at 11:33 AM #23262

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… I’m not aware of any specific crashes related to iCloud sync.

If you would like to email me a backup of your database then I can try syncing with iCloud to see if it’s a data related issue.

Is that the Mac version too? Send me a crash report too please if from the Mac version.

May 22, 2017 at 5:15 PM #23270

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

Mmm….it’s too big to email. And sensitive data too. My clients personal info. Think I will switch back to Cloudant for time being and try iCloud sync again when I have the time.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.