Cloudant sync not working

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Nichols
    Participant

Had an earlier issue with Nearby sync which looked like user error and I was pleased to see that after some playing it worked very well, although the documentation is not very clear about some of the setup.

I have now added more pictures to my Home Inventory and Vehicles database and am now getting error messages relating to Cloudant sync even though I am using Nearby. The messages relate to photos attached to each record and these errors have not come up before, so I deleted the images referred to by the error message, re-synced and then got an error message relating to a different image.

Is there a naming convention / name length restriction for image attachments or is this a new problem?

I switched to Cloudant and got the same error for the Cloudant sync too, although not convinced Cloudant is syncing anything.

Frustrated!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 15, 2016 at 12:10 PM #19555

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can actually have Nearby sync and Cloudant sync active at the same time, but there’s really only a limited use case for needing something like that.

That error seems to happen occasionally with Cloudant. I don’t really know why it does that. Something strange with Cloudant that happens every once in a while. Just removing the image and re-selecting it should correct the problem. You can use the down button to save the image to your computer first, then delete it from Tap Forms, then re-select the image.

I’ve never seen this error with Nearby sync though. It seems to be just a Cloudant issue.

September 15, 2016 at 3:29 PM #19560

Chris Nichols
    Participant

Brendan, I agree it is almost certainly a cloudant sync issue, although having deleted and replaced the image, the sync seemed to find problems with other previously ok images and I certainly don’t want to delete and re apply images as there is too many. The point is though, I was doing a nearby sync when this was issuing the error messages attached and not cloudant, so would I be right in thinking that regardless of which one you select it is doing both cloudant and nearby?

September 15, 2016 at 4:06 PM #19563

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you’re signed into Cloudant then it’s syncing with that, but if the button on the Cloud sync screen says “Sign-In”, then it’s not syncing with Cloudant. To be sure, you can also clear out the username and password fields.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.