CLOUDANT! PLUS ONE FROM ME!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

For me it works super smooth, super fast!!!
    Well done Brendan!
    V5 is also way faster and when the bugs are sorted it will be a great app!!! It always was by the way apart from iCloud sync!!!

August 10, 2016 at 4:27 PM #18422

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks Tony!

August 11, 2016 at 7:27 AM #18462

kevin mcmanus
    Participant

Cloundant sign up has been a mess for me, attempted new account sign up several times – multiple failures, with the last sign up attempt appearing to actually worked (or at least better then previous tries)

Contacted a live agent via the IBM website for Cloudant account support. That was useless because they have no access to Cloudant Accounts. They just ended referring me to another support section. I would have been easier to just provide the referral. They were aware of new users being generated because of Tap Forms. Makes me wonder if TF users are the only new accounts be created.

August 11, 2016 at 7:43 AM #18463

Christopher Hansen
    Participant

I agree that Cloudant seems to be working well so far — after some frustration with initial set-up. I’m also more than a bit concerned about using a new service with little track record, and having it be the only sync option available. We (software users in general) are starting to catch on to the fact that subscription services may not be around for as long as we’d like to use the software, and that prices and terms will change!

Is anyone else now getting multiple emails from Cloudant sales reps? Gross!

Still, good work on the recent upgrades!

August 11, 2016 at 7:56 AM #18464

Gregory
    Participant

mmm… haven’t had a single email from Cloudant, so far at least.

August 11, 2016 at 8:09 AM #18466

Mike Lapchynski
    Participant

I had some emails early in the beta testing. I never replied back to them, and they stopped sending.

August 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM #18469

Johnny Gleden
    Participant

I did the mistake and upgrade to TP5. The nearby sync is terrible made and do not work proper and Cloudant is no option for me as I already pay for Dropbox and iCloud drive and one more storage for backup. I do not need one more cloud storage so Cloudant is no go for me. So it is back to the old version.

August 11, 2016 at 9:38 AM #18471

Leo
    Participant

Johnny,

cloudant is not a cloud storage. You can look at it as a database server.
    And what about costs? There is practically none. Sure, if you use Tapforms as a business tool with over 20 power users it might.

I’have multiple databases over 500 MB and make use of them everyday. So far I’ve never exceeded the free limit.

The upgrade was no mistake, Brendan just has listened to us users complaining about iCloud. And since Dropbox is changing their API so syncing as we know it will be gone.

Just give it a fair try!

August 11, 2016 at 10:20 AM #18474

Mike Lapchynski
    Participant

Johnny, I was beta tester for TF5 and have had the same experience as Leo. People just need to give it chance. The syncing is faster and way more reliable than iCloud and Dropbox. I have no reservations about Cloudant thus far.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.