Cloning field data

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

LeoC2
    Participant

Is it possible to create a field that once filled in will be cloned to next new form to fill? Example: If I start a session and fill in a field describing my location, lets say “PARK.” I would like that field automatically filled in with “PARK” when I go to fill in the next set of data so I don’t have to retype every time.

This feature is available on some other form apps I was evaluating and is very convenient.

Leo

December 1, 2014 at 7:38 PM #12065

1Levite
    Participant

Hi Leo:

A couple ways I accomplished a similar function:

a. Set a default value for the field in the field definition. Useful when the majority of records have an identical field value. The default value appears on each new record.

b. Use Records>Duplicate Record [Command+D]. This duplicates all content of the active record. Useful when successive records vary by one or two fields.

Hope this helps.

December 1, 2014 at 8:46 PM #12066

LeoC2
    Participant

That’s all well and good but not really the same thing, it’s just a work around. There are practical reasons for cloning individual fields.

December 2, 2014 at 1:47 AM #12067

Leo
    Participant

Leo,

in the old Palm days I used to make use of ThinkDb with has a lot of the features you ask and more, specially those with calculated fields, i.e. conditions and calculations with the previous record, extract data form a linked form. The one I really like. Tapforms isn’t there yet but I believe Brendan is doing its best. And there is always a workaround.
    For fast input for example you can use the list option or the autocorrectfuntion on iOS or textexpander.

Leo

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.