Client Template Question

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Yvette M
    Participant

Hi,

Question: I found,in your reply to someone, your “new” Clients template where you link the forms “client call logs”, “client invoices”, and “expenses”.

That helped me so much, (maybe you should add it to template exchange) but do you or anyone else out there have a template that would record purchases?

I just can’t process it in my head how to lay it out.

I’d want a summary of how much spent, where bought, how paid, etc…
    But, I’d want to be able to track each item I bought separately and have each item grouped by receipt. When I say tracked, I mean if I returned an item I bought, although it’s part of a receipt containing two or more items, then I could still show details for that item individually so I know I got my money back on that item and it should no longer be part of the “total amount spent”. Also, if I sell an item, be able to show that and be able to store details like “sold for price”. I think if I could have a status assigned to each item, it would work.

I know it sounds like a lot and I agree it’s a challenge for me, but if there was some sort of purchase order, sales tracker template already available, that would help. Even a way of showing me how to create the right links for a single receipt. Would it be “receipt” form linking to “line items” form?

Thanks!
    Yvette

One more question: what does “record color field” do?

July 18, 2015 at 2:30 PM #14264

Yvette M
    Participant

Anybody?

July 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM #14267

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Yvette,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I don’t have a form specifically designed for tracking purchases.

I think you just want to create a new form that captures all of the data points that you’ve listed above. I’m not sure what you mean by a summary of “where bought”, “how paid”, etc. You can get a summary of numeric type data, such as Total, Average, Minimum, or Maximum, but you can’t get a summary of “where bought” or “how paid” since those sound like they’d be textual information.

The Record Colour Field property is a setting which tells Tap Forms to use colours from a Pick List that can be used to visually identify records of different types. For example, in the My Movie Library sample form, Action & Adventure is red, Comedy is Pink, Drama is Green, etc. See the attached screenshot for an example.

Thanks,

Brendan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.