Clear Search

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    Would it be possible to have a clear search button in /next to the search window. I know you can reset the search by clicking on another form, but it’s much more elegant and user friendly to enter and clear searches in the same area rather than on opposite sides of the screen. Of course, its more than possible I have missed something along the way!
    Cheers
    tony

January 9, 2014 at 4:29 PM #8656

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

You can click the x button that appears when you have a term in a search field to clear the search and view all records.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 13, 2014 at 11:04 AM #8704

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    I know about the x button, but that only works when you have entered a search in the search bar. On my machine, if I build a set of rules and search, there is no x button in the search field to clear the search. That means mousing to the other side of the screen, clicking another form to clear the search then mousing over to the search bar to start a new search. Not a major problem but it would be more elegant and more user friendly if there was a way to clear a rule search whilst the pointer was in the search bar area – especially when conducting several searches one after another. I am on a 27/8″ imac and its a lot of mousing about!
    Cheers
    tony

January 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM #8706

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

Ok, so you have a saved search selected on the left which searches a specific set of fields and shows you a filtered list. Have you tried just typing into the search field? When I did that it searched for records from the unfiltered records list even though the saved search was selected.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 14, 2014 at 9:23 AM #8718

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan

What I get on doing that is mostly – a CRASH!

When it does not crash, sometimes I get what you report – it searches the rest of the records, sometimes I get a further slimming down as it searches the selected records??

Cheers

tony

January 14, 2014 at 4:22 PM #8721

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

Sorry, I haven’t seen any crashes when doing this.

Can you please send me a crash report?

Thanks,

Brendan

January 15, 2014 at 3:52 AM #8734

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    This is the report I was asked to send to Apple. Is this what you want. It doesn’t seem to happen ALL the time which makes matters worse I guess!
    Cheers
    tony

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 15, 2014 at 3:53 AM #8736

tonyt
    Participant

Please delete the report, I should have emailed it to you I guess!
    t

January 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM #8739

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

I’m pretty sure that this particular crash has been fixed in version 2.0.1. I remember seeing it before and working on it.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.