Church Member Directory

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Adam West
    Participant

This is a form I created to use as a contact manager for keeping track of the members information. Because of the sensitive nature of the information, I encrypt the database and have it password protect after 5 minutes on my desktop, and immediately on my iPhone. Hope it is helpful.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 16, 2014 at 9:25 AM #12339

Rudy Zwartjens
    Participant

Very nice form! Thank you for sharing it.
    It’s a good example for making clear layouts, using many possible layout features.

For separating items in the Copy/Paste Address field with spaces, I have the following suggestion:

add a new text field (space for instance) and add a space as text.
    Now add this field in the Copy/Paste Address field ‘formula’ wherever you want. This should add spaces in the Copy/Paste Address field.
    Does that work for you?

Rudy

December 16, 2014 at 8:55 PM #12347

Adam West
    Participant

Hello Rudy,

I did add a Space field and input it into the formula for the Copy/Paste Address calculation and it now is separated and easier to see the component address parts. Thank you for the suggestion!

It would be great if there were a way to add a “break” or “return” that would force each address part of the calculation output to appear on separate lines, thus allowing the formatting of an address to appear like an actual address. Kind of like a <br> in html coding. I don’t know if that is possible, or in the works.

When I made the Space field, I had to go through each contact to update the Space field by adding a keyboard space into each. It would be much faster if there were a way to do mass edits. Do you know if there is a way to update multiple fields at the same time?

(PS – I also uploaded a new version of the Church Member Directory Template with some enhancements, including the adding of the space for the Copy/Paste Address.)

December 16, 2014 at 9:11 PM #12349

Adam West
    Participant

I also added an envelope for printing to the new Demo version of the Church Member Directory Form. It is in the version in the previous post.

December 16, 2014 at 9:22 PM #12350

Adam West
    Participant

I needed to delete the previous upload of the new template. I have included it on this post instead.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 17, 2014 at 12:48 AM #12352

Rudy Zwartjens
    Participant

When I made the Space field, I had to go through each contact to update the Space field by adding a keyboard space into each. It would be much faster if there were a way to do mass edits. Do you know if there is a way to update multiple fields at the same time?

Yes, more or less I have:
    When you look at the field properties of the space field, at the bottom you’ll find “default value”. Type a space and every new record will get automatically a space in the space field.
    Existing records will not be changed is my experience. Maybe you have to ask Brendan in the forum if he has a solution to avoid the typing of missing spaces.

December 17, 2014 at 1:25 AM #12353

Adam West
    Participant

I have the space entered into the default of the Space field, so new files should be alright. I will post something about mass edits and see if there is anything in the works. Thanks!

September 25, 2017 at 3:00 PM #24865

Mike Cogswell
    Participant

Adam,

I am a brand new user of Tap Forms and am a Pastor who wants to use Tap Forms to build a Church Directory. As I am brand new to this appocation I downloaded your “Church-Member-Directory_Demo_17Dec2014.tff” but am not sure what to do with it.

I have a login and was able to download the file but when I click it it brings up Tap Forms and says “The file “Church-Member-Directory_Demo_17Dec2014.tff” couldn’t be saved in the folder “Desktop”.

Do I need to create a new document first before I can look at your form.

I am a newbie on Tap Forms and am excited about seeing your Church Directory form.

Thank you!

Mike Cogswell

October 5, 2017 at 11:43 AM #25140

Mike Cogswell
    Participant

I figured out that I need to create a new document first.

I imported Adam’s Church membership form and it is great!

Thank you Adam and thank you to the Tap Forms development team!

Great tool!

God bless,

Mike Cogswell

December 12, 2017 at 4:00 PM #26578

Michael Tucker
    Participant

Hey..

Wanted to take a peek, but…

Lock Form Editing seems to be turned on — so no one can see the formulas or correct errors.

Actually this seems not to work (like first name calculation) at this point in time.

Is there a reason or just a locked demo put up accidentally?

Thanks if original poster might put up unlocked version?

December 13, 2017 at 1:42 PM #26590

Brendan
    Keymaster

Michael, the Mac version doesn’t have the Lock Form Editing feature like the iOS version does, so you can open it in Tap Forms Mac and inspect the formulas and fields.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.