Checkbox field misbehaving

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

thewinterbard
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been putting together a database over the course of the last week, and today I decided to add a checkbox field. However, it is displaying some odd behaviour–when I check one box in the column, several others (randomly scattered) simultaneously also check; while others then appear “checked”, but are greyed out. If I uncheck the “main” one, these all revert to neutral. Furthermore, the field as shown in the individual form for each entry does not correlate with that shown in the field in the database proper–that is, only the one I want “checked” is actually shown, as it should be, in the Form view. Unfortunately, I care more about the column view as I would like to scroll through quickly!

Is there a fix I can make, or is this more underlying?

Thanks,

Erika

July 31, 2013 at 7:48 AM #6343

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Erika,

Which version of Tap Forms are you using? There’s sort of 3 states to a checkbox. Unset, Yes, and No. The unset and No states look pretty much the same. I’m wondering if you’re encountering an issue with that.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 31, 2013 at 12:18 PM #6345

thewinterbard
    Participant

Hello,

I just downloaded it last week, so I’d assume that it’s the most recent version. I was assuming that the greyed-out ones were “unset”, but then was confused as to why some were suddenly appearing as checked (but still greyed), while others of the randomly-checked ones (in addition to the only box I actually clicked on myself) looked “normal” rather than grey.

I’ve uploaded a small screenshot here (sorry for all the other stuff on the page): http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=259lgfq&s=5 The middle checked box is the one I actually clicked on; the other two (as well as more further on in the column) appeared as you see them.

I also tried going through and clicking on each one, then unselecting them, to see if that would reset their behaviour, but clicking on one box still then checked multiple others.

Thanks,

Erika

August 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM #6349

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Erika,

Thanks for the screenshot. I’ll take a look at the issue when I get back from vacation in a week. But any resolution to the bug will need to wait until my next update as I am in the middle of working on a new layout engine.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.