chart view

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Roger Lambert
    Participant

New user here, converting filmmaker database.

I have imported 6 years of invoice/payment data. I am wanting to show each years payment records grouped on a bar chart (e.g 2016=$5k; 2017=$10k, 2018=$15k, etc). I can get see the summary subtotals on the default view when grouped by my Year calculation field, which returns the year in YYYY format in text based off of the date of the payment. When I go to the chart view though, and check the “show group summaries” box with the year field as my x axis, I get nothing. Thanks.

April 14, 2022 at 12:31 PM #47111

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,

The trick is to set the Field’s Summary Calculation property for your series field to Total (or whatever you want to see the grouped values for). It uses that rather than the Form’s Calculation Field.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 14, 2022 at 1:52 PM #47113

Roger Lambert
    Participant

Nailed it! At first I didn’t understand as I am still learning the tap forms lingo, but after re-reading your post I got it. Thanks so much!

April 14, 2022 at 10:24 PM #47114

Brendan
    Keymaster

Heheh… no worries. When I read your post and tested it, I saw the chart go blank when I selected the group option. And then I remembered that it uses the Field’s specific calculation property. And I even wrote the code! :)

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.