Changing order of layouts outside of Tap Forms

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Changing order of layouts outside of Tap Forms

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Victor Warner
    Participant

As I now have a large number of layouts – I would like to re-order them – is it possible to change the order in which they appear in Tap Forms – but to do so outside of the Tap Forms app, such as editing a preference file?

November 10, 2019 at 2:31 AM #37984

Brendan
    Keymaster

No, I’m sorry. The order of the layout items are stored right within the database file itself. Each TFLayout object has a sortOrder property and that’s what determines the order. You can drag and drop them to reorder them within Tap Forms. Updating the database file outside of Tap Forms is not recommended.

November 10, 2019 at 2:57 AM #37989

Victor Warner
    Participant

Brendan,

Thank you, but within Tap Forms – with a lot of layouts I am finding it difficult to re-organise the layouts which appear on the vertical list accessible by the right chevron.

In the attachment, how would I move the one highlighted in green right to the bottom of the vertical list at all or in one go?

I can see how it is possible to move an item from the vertical list upwards (a least so that it can appear on the horizontal list and then move it, but not the other way.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 10, 2019 at 3:13 AM #37991

Brendan
    Keymaster

You’re right. I guess it’s not possible without a really big wide monitor.

I guess what I could do is expose the sortOrder property on the Layout and then you could just type in a new sort order value and when you refreshed the form, it would jump to the new position. Or provide a better UI for selecting and arranging the layouts.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.