Change group summary section

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Vera Milosavich
    Participant

I want to create daily subtotals for my records. There are anywhere from 10-50 entries for each day and I’d like to get a count and subtotal of the items for each day. I should have 30-31 sections, but it’s only giving be subtotals for the month instead of day and I can’t seem to figure out how to get it to do otherwise.

I would also like to use the daily subtotals to generate a chart view.

Thanks!

May 9, 2020 at 7:43 PM #40533

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Vera,

Is there anything that’s common in your form for the 10-50 entries each day the that you could group your records by? When you set the First Sort Field to a Date field, Tap Forms automatically groups them into Month, Year sections.

If you need something more fine grained than that, you would need to create a Calculation or Script field that returns the day, month, and year as a Text value.

For example, a Calculation field with the formula:

DATE(Item Date; "yyyy-MM-dd")

That will return a value for your Item Date field (or whatever it’s called) and Tap Forms can then group on that field. So then all records with the same year, month, and day would all be grouped together into the same section.

Give that a try and see how it goes.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 9, 2020 at 9:30 PM #40534

Vera Milosavich
    Participant

No, the only thing they have in common is the date so I will try creating a calculation. Thanks.

May 9, 2020 at 10:46 PM #40535

Vera Milosavich
    Participant

I tried the calculation you suggested and also tried only extracting the day of the month by itself and prefixed with “A” (to ensure it doesn’t appear to be a date) — all with result type set to text, but it still doen’t give me subtotals for each day. And this time it shows either a hashtag or “A” as the section name.

I’m hoping there’s a solution.

May 10, 2020 at 1:01 AM #40537

Brendan
    Keymaster

Make sure you set the Group Records By option to your Calculation field. It will make the section headings the same as the results from the formula. You probably don’t want to just get the day of the month because it will group all the days of all the months the same then. For example, the 1st of the month will all be grouped together then, for every month. You probably don’t want that.

May 10, 2020 at 2:01 AM #40538

Vera Milosavich
    Participant

The Group Records By setting Is what I was overlooking. It keeps blending in with the sorting options.

Thank you!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.