cd labels – help with memorex 2 label sheets

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms cd labels – help with memorex 2 label sheets

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

James Merryman
    Participant

Hi! I use Tap Forms for my digitizing business SaveYourTapes.com and I’m trying to get all of my company’s various functions all into the database.

One function I’m struggling with is the labels, as there isn’t a label template for my memorex 2 DVD label sheets. I tried creating my own label but I don’t think the current controls allow me to create a custom label with the specific dimensions needed.

The columns can’t overlap which I think is needed for this template? I can set the labels size, but I’m not able to set the 2nd column start point. I attached an image of the label template, and the tap forms edit label function. Any advice?

couldn’t upload the images here for some reason, so I put them on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lyuks06s14mxnvv/AADpaLnfPvoSSJUrdGkvb5_da?dl=0

September 13, 2020 at 3:57 PM #41935

James Merryman
    Participant

image didn’t attach…trying again

September 13, 2020 at 7:50 PM #41938

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Your template would be easier to accommodate if the CD was on the left for both labels. But with that CD on left and then CD on right, that presents a problem. Do you have access to a more symmetrical version of that label format?

But also the problem might be that right now Tap Forms can’t handle rotating text. So the part of the label on the right that’s a tall rectangle, you can’t type text there and rotate it. You can have it flow within that space, but it would read horizontally, not rotated.

One workaround for the flipped image issue is to just use a regular custom layout instead of a label layout. Print the record to the top label. Then feed the paper back in again rotated around and then print the next set of records.

January 17, 2021 at 10:26 AM #43203

MRAnderson
    Participant

I have a possibly related problem. I am trying to mail merge directly onto envelopes in the A9 size, which is not one of the available sizes in the app. A6 is an acceptable substitute, but I need to rotate text to make a layout and get the large envelopes into my printer tray. OR I need to specify A9 in order to make a pdf that I can send to a PC that is connected to a large-format printer. Obviously, once the PDF is created, my PC can’t do anything with it. These are not cutting-edge problems, and I am really surprised to be having these problems with such basic functions. Or maybe I’m missing something? I’m on Big Sur. Thank you.

January 17, 2021 at 9:17 PM #43228

Brendan
    Keymaster

Do you mean that the A9 size is not available in the Page Size popup? Those page sizes actually come from the printer driver you’re using. But you can create custom page sizes which will show up there. You do that on the Print window. Also, you can create custom label sizes by selecting a closely related size label to what you need, then click the Edit Label button to customize it.

Tap Forms doesn’t have the ability to rotate layouts right now.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.