Can't set up a calculation

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

mtnlaurel
    Participant

I have a form that I use for my craft sales. I am trying to do a calculation that will keep track of my charges over several days of sales. I am missing a step somewhere. I assigned it as a calculation field, but all I get is a calculator. Where do you put the formula in?? I’ve done this before so I know it works. Thanks! Renee

October 23, 2012 at 11:30 PM #5471

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Renee

Hmm… I thought I replied to you on my Facebook page on October 19th.

Anyway, I’ll past that info here too:

For that you’ll need to use the aggregate calculation function. On the Edit Form screen, tap on Calculation. Pick your field to calculate on and pick Total. You’ll now see the results at the bottom of the record list view for your form.

If you truly do want a calculation field, when you see the calculator view, swipe to the left to reveal the number fields that you can pick from. Then tap on a field to add that to your calculation, then tap on an operator to add that to your calculation, then tap on another field or digits, etc. That’s how you build up a formula. Then Tap Forms will calculate the value of your formula as you edit the fields which are part of the formula in the calculation field.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.