Can't set time in Date & Time field – time is blank box

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Can't set time in Date & Time field – time is blank box

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

W P
    Participant

When I switch to where I guess I can set the time, the box is blank. I can switch to the date part and select a date. If I select “Now” it will set the value to the current date and time. How can I get the time part to show up so that a time can be selected. See screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 23, 2016 at 3:10 PM #19007

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh that’s odd.

What happens if you tap in the area at the top just below the blue bar? Does the date selector appear then?

I’ll see if I can reproduce this issue.

Does the same thing happen with a basic Date field or Time field?

August 23, 2016 at 3:37 PM #19010

W P
    Participant

The date part works. I can get to the date by hitting the middle bottom button. I can select the date just fine. If I switch back to the time by hitting that bottom middle button again I get the blank screen as shown in the screen shot. It seems to default to wanting time entered first.

The date only and time only fields work just fine. The date only date picker looks more like the iPad and the date time field looks more like a calendar.

August 23, 2016 at 5:04 PM #19017

Brendan
    Keymaster

Here’s a thought. Can you check to see if Tap Forms has permission to access your Calendar? Tap Forms displays a list of calendars to choose from in order to let you add a link to a record in your calendar.

August 23, 2016 at 6:19 PM #19019

W P
    Participant

Okay, allowing it access to my calendar made it so that I can enter a time. Any way to make it so that it isn’t required to allow access to the calendar? If not, I guess I will stick to using the date field and the time field only and not use the date & time field.

August 23, 2016 at 6:58 PM #19023

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ll have to look at that code. It’s only supposed to hide the Add to Calendar button and the list of calendars to choose from if it doesn’t have access.

But it doesn’t do anything bad. It only reads the list of calendars you have and lets you select from them, plus gives you a button to add to calendar. That’s it. It doesn’t read any events at all from your calendar. So if you’re worried about privacy, you needn’t be. Tap Forms is not doing anything nefarious there.

August 24, 2016 at 4:26 AM #19031

W P
    Participant

That maybe true but, I don’t give access to something unless there is a need for it. In my case, there isn’t a need for TF to have access to my calendar and I am not going to grant access just to make a field work. Until that requirement is removed from the date & time field, I will just stick to the separate fields.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.