Can't download from iCloud to another machine

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Can't download from iCloud to another machine

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

patrick powell
    Participant

I use (for various practical reasons) three different Macbooks (one in my study, one in the kitchen and one in bed) but for the life of my I can’t get two of them to sync/download a document I am working on from iCloud. Certainly the download ‘the document’ but it is completely empty with none of the record.

I have spent time trying to sort it out, even deleting, then re-installing Tap Forms on one machine, but I cannot get it to work. I can carry on working on the document on the original on the machine in my study, but cannot work on it on the other two machines. The document shows up on the splash screen but is empty.

I even duplicated the document in my study which uploaded to iCloud, then showed up on the splash screens on the other two machines – but is still empty when I open it. What gives?

Everything, especially the iCloud settings on all machines is as it should be and identical (i.e. my Apple ID). I fully accept I might just be thick, but I would like to sort this out.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 16, 2019 at 12:32 PM #37164

Brendan
    Keymaster

A document will be empty the first time you open it. You have to wait with the document opened while it syncs.

Alternatively, use the Send Document function to send a copy of your document to your other devices and then go from there.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.