Can't add new category

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Mackay Steffensen
    Participant

Hello,

Anyone else having issues creating new categories. I go to Tools, select Edit Categories… and add a new category, but it doesn’t show up in the menu under My Forms on the left of the screen. Am I missing a step or is this a unique problem to me?

Thanks

August 26, 2015 at 10:56 AM #14539

Mackay Steffensen
    Participant

Never mind I had to select All Forms, the added categories don’t show up under My Forms. It seems if I added a category it would show under My Forms, since it is mine. Anyway it is sorted now.

August 26, 2015 at 12:31 PM #14545

Brendan
    Keymaster

It will only show up in My Forms if there’s actually a form inside of it that has one or more records within it.

August 26, 2015 at 5:03 PM #14547

Mackay Steffensen
    Participant

Ok, but how do I get a form inside the category? I can’t see to select the category, so when I create a new form it goes to the last category I had selected.

August 27, 2015 at 12:08 AM #14550

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mackay,

On the Form inspector panel on the right you’ll see a Category popup button that will let you choose which category you want your form to belong to.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 27, 2015 at 6:02 AM #14552

Mackay Steffensen
    Participant

Thanks, always easier than I try to make it.

February 19, 2016 at 8:27 PM #15981

dusty
    Participant

I have created a new category and it still won’t show up in MyForms even though it has a couple of instances of it created.
    I originally created the form (and instances) under a different category, then changed the value later to the new category. I have toggled between MyForms and AllForms but it still hasn’t properly displayed in MyForms.

Update: I was able to get it to work by closing and re-opening the application.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.