Cannot see parent field in child form

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Alan Wong
    Participant

I came from Bento. Transferring the databases to Tap Forms was a breeze. Thank you!

I created a pair of related forms, say Albums and Songs. I can add songs on the Albums form, which is great. But on the Songs form I cannot see which album a song belongs to. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Alan

February 11, 2014 at 1:25 AM #9011

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

You’re not missing anything. However, I’ve just added this feature and have submitted an update to Apple for ya.

So version 2.1 will have this function shortly. On the Link to Form field type properties screen you’ll be able to click a checkbox that says “Show Inverse Relationship”. Doing that will automatically create a “Link FROM Field” on the selected form you’re linking to. When you add a record from your parent, the child will now have a field which displays its parent. You can treat the Link From Field just like any other field and move it up and down and set its label colour.

If all goes well with the Apple review process, I plan on releasing it on February 20th. That date may change depending on the review process.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 11, 2014 at 1:41 AM #9013

Alan Wong
    Participant

Excellent! Thank you very much, Brendan!

Alan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.