Cannot enable sync on one of my Macs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Linda Cline
    Participant

I’ve successfully enabled sync (iCloud) on one Mac and three iOS devices, but am having issues enabling on a 2nd Mac.

I am using the same encryption key on all. Have selected iCloud in the sync preferences, but when I click on the cloud on the main page, it tells me that I need to have a sync service selected. Back in preferences, iCloud is selected.

for echo defaults read com.tapforms.mac icloud-enabled, it returns 1 while Tap Forms is running, and still returns 1 after I exit Tap Forms. But when I restart Tap Forms, it is set to 0. Manually setting the value doesn’t make it stick. Rebooting makes no difference. Also doesn’t seem to matter whether I use iCloud or Dropbox, I get the same behavior either way, on this Mac.

Any suggestions? I really should have tried this before I purchased Mac, iphone and ipad apps today, but with four devices syncing, I thought it was going to be fine.

thanks

September 29, 2015 at 9:54 PM #14746

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Linda,

Can you check the iCloud Drive settings on your Mac in the System Preferences app to make sure that it’s enabled and that Tap Forms is listed in the iCloud Drive options screen?

Thanks,

Brendan

September 29, 2015 at 10:16 PM #14750

Linda Cline
    Participant

Thanks, that was it. iCloud Drive was not enabled on that Mac.

Thank you for your patience!

Linda

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.