Cannot download or upload backup file – iPad version

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Cannot download or upload backup file – iPad version

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

nickc
    Participant

Hello,
    I have been using the iPad version for a while and have been backing up my database. However I cannot seem to move the backup file anywhere. There is an option to upload or download the files but when I select either:
    – a pop up opens asking for source or destination where I can select say iPad files or Dropbox etc. However when I have selected the appropriate folder there is no button to start the transfer !
    – also there is no button to close the pop up so I have to exit tap forms and restart it

Am I missing something ? I have added a screenshot of the pop up.

Thanks very much

Nick

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 3, 2021 at 8:37 AM #44020

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I couldn’t replicate this on my own iPad, what version of Tap Forms are you running (Tools > About) and what version of iOS are you running (Settings app > General > About > Software Version)?

I wonder if there is some sort of dark mode quirk happening though it looks like you’re in light mode.

April 3, 2021 at 8:59 AM #44024

nickc
    Participant

Hi Sam, thanks for the reply.
    iOS 12.5.2 on the iPad and tap forms 5.3.19 which I think should be the latest. Definitely not in dark mode. This is very strange, perhaps my iPad is too old !

Thanks

Nick

April 3, 2021 at 1:38 PM #44028

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

It’s possible due to changes between iOS 12 and iOS 14 that something got messed up. I think you’re looking for the upload option, so after tapping that in the pop over there should be a save button on the top right and a cancel on the top left. You might try tapping around there to see if it’s there but the colour on it is messed up (white on white for some reason). I recall some other place where the colours got mixed up after an OS update from Apple.

It could of course be missing entirely but I’ve attached a screenshot as a guide, it might help find it if it’s there.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 3, 2021 at 1:54 PM #44030

nickc
    Participant

Hi Sam,
    You are correct, I have just had a quick try again. It seems that the save button is there but coloured white so I can’t see it. I have checked my Dropbox and the file has now uploaded.

Thank you very much for spending the time to look at this for me. Kind of weird why it would be like this but at least I can safely backup my database externally.

Have a good weekend

Nick

April 3, 2021 at 2:00 PM #44032

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, that’s an issue with older iOS versions. Apple changed a lot in iOS 13 in terms of colours for things and I think that files list dialogue got caught up in that. There is an Add button there if you zoom in close enough on your screenshot you can see it. But it’s coloured very similarly to the background. There’s also a Cancel on the left side too.

April 3, 2021 at 2:17 PM #44033

nickc
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, perhaps I should get a new iPad !

Have a good weekend

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.