Can I save multi-field searches on iPad

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

SSteve
    Participant

I’m looking for a Bento replacement and Tap Forms is looking like the one. One question: I keep my wine collection in Bento. It lets me save a named search so that I can see a list of, e.g., red wines whose “drink date” field is blank. It looks like the Mac version of Tap Forms does that. Does the iPad version have that feature?

August 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM #6399

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Steve,

Yes, Tap Forms has Saved Searches which can use multiple fields for specifying your search rules. You can save them for quick retrieval. On the records list view, just tap on the magnifying glass button to the left of the search field, then add a new search. Specify your search rules, pick the fields, set the comparisons, enter some values, etc. Then save the search. You can name the search whatever you want, but Tap Forms will pick an appropriate default for you. You can have as many Saved Searches as you like per form.

However, the one comparison operator that is missing for your requirements is the “field is blank” one. There’s “contains, does not contain, is less than, is less than or equal to, is greater than, and is greater than or equal to”. Plus one for checkmark fields (YES or NO).

Thanks!

Brendan

August 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM #6401

SSteve
    Participant

How do the comparison operators treat a blank date field? If I specify “date is less than 1/1/90” will a blank date field return true?

August 10, 2013 at 12:42 AM #6403

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

No, it won’t because empty isn’t the same as just a really old date.

August 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM #6413

ChewingPencils
    Participant

I’d like to make a feature request for an empty comparison operator. I have templates where I’ve had to add multiple checkmarks to create a view. Being able to search by a empty date field would really help to clean up my forms!

August 13, 2013 at 7:38 AM #6414

SSteve
    Participant

I’d really like to see that too.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.