Can I populate pick lists with a script?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

A Ibanez
    Participant

The script I’m writing to populate my anime database automatically pulls the genres and sets them in a text field separated by tags (Fantasy,Magic,Drama,Comedy). I’d like to add those four tags to a Genres Pick List. I created the pick list already, but I can’t seem to find a way to add anything to them with a script.

I checked the documentation and couldn’t find any reference to interacting with picklists from the JavaScript API.

I’m aware I can open my pick list and click the “+” button to add all the contents to the pick list and it will automatically split the string based on a comma and add them in, but my database is gonna have 700 records and I don’t wanna go through each of them manually. There is also the possibility that new genres will be added over time.

March 30, 2019 at 9:21 PM #34146

Brendan
    Keymaster

I haven’t opened up the PickList object to the JavaScript API yet.

Instead of using a Pick List though you could perhaps enable the “Use Auto-Complete” function? That way Tap Forms will build a popup menu of values already from the values you’ve already got in the field in that form.

March 31, 2019 at 1:55 PM #34147

A Ibanez
    Participant

In the meantime, I think I’m gonna create a script that just finds all unique genres and puts them somewhere else so I can easily copy and paste them into the genres pick list. I want to use Comboboxes, checkboxes, and others for the things I want to keep in pick lists.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.