Can I move forms to a different database

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

SSteve
    Participant

When I started using Tap Forms, I created four databases with custom forms. Now I’m thinking I should have created four custom forms in one database. Is there a way to move a form and all its records from one database to another?

March 6, 2018 at 11:50 AM #27672

Pyromixer
    Participant

Export the “form database” and then import the form database into a new one.

March 6, 2018 at 12:14 PM #27675

Brendan
    Keymaster

Use the “Export Tap Forms Archive” function to do that. It’s under the File menu on the Mac version. Switch to your other document and use the Import Tap Forms Archive function in the File menu.

On the iOS version, view the list of records for the form, then tap the action menu button, then tap the Export Tap Forms Archive function. Then switch to your other document, go to the Tools / Files / Exports area. Then tap on the .tfarc file. Then tap on the Import Archive function.

Your form will appear on the main My Forms list.

March 24, 2018 at 3:55 PM #27974

SSteve
    Participant

Thanks. That worked. All four forms show up in the same database on the Mac and the iPad. I renamed the database on my Mac and the name change doesn’t show up on the iPad. I’ve touched everything that looks like it can be touched but I can’t figure out how to change the database name on the iPad. Is there a way to do that?

March 24, 2018 at 7:45 PM #27976

Brendan
    Keymaster

The documents themselves don’t sync. It’s the databases within the documents that sync. So changes you make to the document won’t appear on the other devices.

But to rename a document, close it, then tap the (i) button then tap on the document you want to display the Document Info screen for. You’ll be able to rename it there.

Thanks!

Brendan

March 24, 2018 at 10:54 PM #27978

SSteve
    Participant

Great!

Thanks,
    -Steve

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.