Can I duplicate a document or otherwise recover from my rookie error?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Can I duplicate a document or otherwise recover from my rookie error?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Peter Laundy
    Participant

Just bought Tap Forms. Am really happy at how easy it is to create a custom form. But I goofed up by opening the Sample Forms document, creating my first custom form there, and creating a bunch of records. I would like to be able to keep the Sample Forms Document separate from my custom forms document.

So I’ve been searching for a way to duplicate my dual document and then remove all the sample forms from one copy and my custom form and records from the other copy. Can’t find a way to duplicate or “save as” a document to achieve this.

How can I recover from my initial mistake?

September 29, 2016 at 3:19 PM #19855

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

You can use the Export Tap Forms Archive function to create a .tfarc file which you can import into a fresh new database document. That command is in the File menu.

After you’ve exported, go to the Database Documents window and then click the + button at the bottom of the window. Name your new document, then open it up. Now use the Import Tap Forms Archive command to import the .tfarc file.

You can then just delete the form from the Sample Forms document if you like.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.