Callout to long term users

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Walter Johnson
    Participant

All of us that have been using this app for years and years know a few things.
    Bugs happen. They will get fixed.
    This developer is passionate about his product. He will keep working his tail off until the bugs we are seeing today are gone.
    This app will be a solid useful capable database tool.
    We know this because it was true of the previous version.

This update was a bit controversial with the sync changes and the paid upgrade. After 8 years, he deserved a paid upgrade. If we want this app to continue to get updates, some money has to change hands at least every decade. I too don’t love going and signing up with IBM, but I do love how much better the new sync is. I’ll keep using near sync for now and see what happens.

Those of us who have used this app for years need to go give a decent review in the iOS and Mac app stores for the new version. New users need to see something besides the knee jerk reaction to the rollout bugs. You don’t have to be crazy positive, just give some perspective. Mention what you have been able to do with the past version and the new features you like about the new version.

Go review!

August 11, 2016 at 10:31 AM #18475

Leo
    Participant

done!

August 11, 2016 at 10:48 AM #18476

Tyson Schoeber
    Participant

What an excellent idea! Here’s what I just posted on the App Store:

“My students all have personalized goals and assignments and a customized TapForms database allows me to EASILY keep track of them all. While the program does not yet have a full reporting feature, its ability to save and print searches provides a similar functionality. Another noteworthy point is the excellent customer support provided by the program’s author.”

August 11, 2016 at 11:07 AM #18478

Mike Lapchynski
    Participant

Well said Walter! I agree with everything you said. People need to sit back and relax.

I am pleasantly surprised with Cloudant. I was hesitant at first. I have been using it for months during the beta testing, and really have no issues with it. It is fast and reliable. So far, I have not even come close to being charged. I have multiple databases and use everyday at home and work.

As far as the paid upgrade, you get a lot of value with Tap Forms. Reasonably priced when you break down cost over the life of the software. Much better option than some of the subscription based software out there. People want quality apps, but don’t want to pay for the development and support. There is enough bad software out there. I am more than happy to pay and help support great, dedicated developers like Brendan.

August 11, 2016 at 12:35 PM #18484

Jon Cage
    Participant

I agree with the positive reviews….Brendan is the most responsive developer I have ever dealt with. I”ve had questions and concerns over the past couple of years and he has never failed to answer my questions and solve my problems. This, in itself, is well worth the upgrade cost. I am fully confident he will solve these recent issues in Version 5. New users, do not panic!

August 12, 2016 at 1:05 AM #18503

pmtsc
    Participant

Done, on Mac App Store and IOS app store – Well deserved credit and recognition!

August 12, 2016 at 2:23 AM #18508

Brendan
    Keymaster

I think I’m blushing now guys :) Thanks for the kind words and for your support!

I’m busy working on more bug fixes of course, so there’ll be more updates coming soon.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.