Calculations: I'd like NO Decimals

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

ecca64
    Participant

Hi

How can I get no decimal in a calculation field: picking No Style in Number Format only gives me a 6 digits decimal

Thanks

Eric

April 12, 2012 at 7:08 AM #5161

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Eric,

No Style simply applies no number formatting style to the field. So if there are decimals in the value, it will display them. But will also not display thousands separators either.

There’s no option at the moment to specify the number of decimal points. But this is something I should really add to the number formatter options screen to a future update.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM #5162

DrJJWMac
    Participant

Could you also please do this by allowing standard formating codes?

%3.2f <– floating with three sig figs, two to right of decimal

%g <– general

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dwhawy9k.aspx

JJW

April 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM #5163

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi JJW,

Hmm… Well, that’s not very friendly for novice users. I would probably add something in a little more user friendly than that.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 14, 2012 at 1:36 PM #5167

DrJJWMac
    Participant

Yes .. those unfamilar with such programming codes could be confused. But then, for those in the know, this path is far less cluttered than having to sort through buttons and popups and other selection icons on a screen to set the various options available by the codes themselves. Perhaps this could be provided as a special Advanced option.

JJW

May 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM #5193

Marisette
    Participant

I got my calculated field to display no decimal points by selecting the number format “Decimal Style”, oddly enough. In case you need it NOW :)

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.