Calculation IF Conditions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Daniel Liwanag
    Participant

how do I create a function in the calculation field type that uses a certain pick list ‘Model’ of the car based on what the user picks from the ‘Make’ pick list? then based on the ‘Make’ & ‘Model’ I will have another drop down selection that will depend on those two conditions to pick the ‘Trim’ of the car? Also how do I pre-populate the ‘Model’ & ‘Trim’ once the conditions are met?

Thanks,

December 20, 2019 at 10:26 PM #38855

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Tap Forms doesn’t have cascading Pick Lists. So there’s no function that’ll populate a Pick List based upon the selection of another Pick List.

A Calculation field wouldn’t really help you with this anyway. If it were possible, you would have to write some JavaScript in a Field Script to do it. I haven’t tested out anything like that before. But I did recently open up access to the Pick Lists from a Form or Field Script. If it did work, you would essentially need to pre-create the Pick Lists, then set the values on them from JavaScript. Again, I haven’t tried this, but it might be something interesting to try.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 21, 2019 at 1:11 AM #38856

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I don’t think you could do that with a calculation field or standard pick list field, it doesn’t have that flexibility. The pick list setting is at the form level and realistically your values should be at the record level, that’d be a little challenging.

You could use a form script with a prompter to ask for the three values one after the other and then set the corresponding fields in your form. It’s not entirely elegant but it would be functional.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.