Calculation field produces spurious decimals

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Calculation field produces spurious decimals

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Ward
    Participant

Calculation fileds produce spurious decimal places that are a great annoyance.
    My database has some radio frequencies in it, stored in a ‘Number’ field.
    An example would be 67.11875
    When I try and do a calculation on this to combine it with another text field such as “NFM” I get:
    67.11875000000001 NFM
    Can a ROUND function please be provided that stops this silly introduction of spurious decimal places?
    e.g. ROUND(FREQUENCY,0.00001)
    Even a function that simply converts a number to text, without trying to be clever about decimals, would do the job.

May 1, 2017 at 9:19 AM #22849

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Try setting a Number Format on the field that you’re having this problem with. I mean the original field where the value comes from. Set it to Decimal and set the Decimal Places.

May 1, 2017 at 9:33 AM #22854

Chris Ward
    Participant

Brendan,

The original field is already set to Number format, and has decimal places set to 5. That field appears fine, it’s just when I try and so any calculation on it that the spurious decimal places appear, but only in the result for a few of the calculations. It’s just the last digit of the 13 decimal places that goes awry; and can plus or minus 0.0000000000001

May 1, 2017 at 9:39 AM #22855

Brendan
    Keymaster

Would you be able to email me your form template so I can do some tests with it?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.