Calculation Feature: Figure from Subform

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

q
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

after using tapforms on a daily basis now and loving it, there’s a feature I miss.

I use quite a lot of subforms to record more detailed data for my more general daily accessed main forms.

I’d love to have a calculation field, that could access the calculations that are available for the respective subforms.

I.e. in my subform “travel”, I can adjust calculation settings for that subform, which changes what will be shown there (average of field x, total of field y, …).

It would be great to have a calculated field in the parent form, for which one could chose the target subform and the kind of calculation.

How do you feel about that feature?

Thanks and enjoy!

February 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM #5128

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Q,

I’ve been contemplating adding in the same calculation to the parent field that you would see at the bottom of the list of child records for that field. The reason being is that the field selection and calculation type is already stored on the form object itself, not on the field.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 21, 2012 at 5:54 PM #5176

q
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

that would be great, any chance we’ll get that feature soon? ;)

Best,

q

April 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM #5177

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Q,

I added this for the next update. Don’t have an exact ETA on it, but hopefully in a month. I’m working on iCloud sync too so I want to get that working first and release it all at the same time.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 22, 2012 at 1:10 AM #5178

Brendan
    Keymaster

Just want to qualify it though… it’ll display exactly the same value from the child list view, but on the parent’s field (the one you tap on to see the child records).

Thanks,

Brendan

May 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM #5192

Marisette
    Participant

Hi, this is just what I’m looking for, except I need to be able to use it in a calculation, not just display it (though that would be a good start).

Here’s a simple example:

Vacation Available for Year

— Year

— Available hours

— Vacation Time — linked, one to many, consisting of

—- Date

—- Hours (calculating total)

—- Note

When I click on the Vacation Time, I see the calculated value of “Total (Hours): 40”

I want to add a field to the parent “Vacation Available for Year” record that calculates the hours left, which would be the “Available hours” – “Total (Hours)” from the linked “Vacation Time” records.

If you could provide that soon, I would be delighted!

September 16, 2012 at 7:41 AM #5391

q
    Participant

Hey Brendan,

just wanted to say thanks for adding the feature!
    It is great :)

Best,
    q

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.