Calculate time

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

henrik korslind
    Participant

Hi!

Let’s say that I have one field that is my start time and one field that is my stop time.

How do I calculate the hours and minutes that has passed in between start and stop?

Kind regards,

// Henrik

March 22, 2018 at 12:34 PM #27923

Kirk Oakes
    Participant

I use the formula End Timer – Start Timer yours would read stop time – start time.

I have seen where some use (End Time – Start Time) / 60 / 60 This is something that is not making sense to me as I get mine to work without the /60/60….What does that even do?

My desire is to have a pause feature where I can pause the time when I am waiting on a client to get back with me to start working on their project again and that would pick up the time calculation. So basically what would be awesome is to have just a timer that doesn’t go by the hours of the day, and then have a pause button where it will stop the timer at that moment and then when you hit the start button it will keep running the time then when you hit stop the time is calculated with the total time.

March 22, 2018 at 4:31 PM #27926

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Henrik,

Just use the following formula:

Stop Time - Start Time

Then set the Number Formatter to HH:MM on the Calculation field.

That’s all you need to do.

Tap Forms will convert the seconds that you get from the above formula into hours and minutes for you.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.