Calculate remaining number of years and months

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Calculate remaining number of years and months

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Thierry Dupont
    Participant

Hi,

I’m new to Tap Forms and am trying to figure out what the correct formula would be to calculate the remaining number years and months between “today” and a given “date in the future”.

The “date in the future” is just an existing field in date-time format and which is just completed by using the little drop down calendar…

– What would the correct formula be?
    – How will Tap Forms update the “today” element? Will it automatically update that calculated field each time i edit a record? Or how will the result be adapted as time passes by and “today” is changing every day?
    – What format should the result be? How will an amount of years and months be represented in the calculated field? Will YY and MM be separated by a comma? How will i be able to read the given result properly without any misinterpretation?

Much appreciated,

Thierry

January 3, 2018 at 2:42 AM #26836

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Thierry,

Sorry for not seeing this post earlier. But I believe we’ve also solved all your questions via email already.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.