Calculate Equations

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Kirk Oakes
    Participant

Is there any way that we can create a table and then use the totals in the table to calculate the sum for us? Case in point…

I build a field that is a table and make The fields that keep track of all the items in a job and the amount of each item. Then fields showing cost of those items for wholesale and retail. Then be able to have a field in the database form that calculates the price * quantity?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 23, 2018 at 8:10 AM #27946

Kirk Oakes
    Participant

Okay I figured out I wasn’t going far enough down to see I can use the table info in my equations…However I don’t know if my math is right. The image shows that wholesale / retail would be 50%, but if I take the $6.00 away from the retail then do the equation like in the image I am attaching to this reply then you see the % went UP to 57%….I would think if you have a lesser dollar amount made as profit the % would go down?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 23, 2018 at 12:31 PM #27956

Brendan
    Keymaster

You should probably multiply by the Commission Rate.

Even though it shows 15%, I’m assuming you have it set as a Number field with a Percent Number Format?

If so, then the actual value stored in the database will be 0.15. And 100 x 0.15 = 15, so you multiply to get your percentage amount.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.