Building Reports?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

mrbill
    Participant

Hello- I know this is possible, I just can’t figure out what I’m missing.

Is it possible to build a form that would act as a report form for other libraries and/or forms? Easier to explain by example:

1. Create a new library called ‘Reports’ (example)
    2. The Reports library can pull data in from other libraries (say from contact manager)
    3. The Reports library then has fields that can perform calculations on the data pulled in from other libraries. This acts as a sort of reports library. Example: The reports library counts (or sorts) based on zip code or can calculate the number of days that record was created.

Hope I’ve described it effectively.

Thx!

July 8, 2014 at 11:55 AM #10519

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well, you could create one form that links to a bunch of other forms. But you’d have to manually link all the records from the child forms to the parent form’s records. You could then print that and Tap Forms would print the linked records. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re after though.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 9, 2014 at 2:06 PM #10520

mrbill
    Participant

Hey Brendan- Thanks for the help.

I tried everything and don’t think it’s possible. I was hoping to create summary data for as a CRM. This would keep track of things like: # of new leads this month, etc…

So, I’m just going to build the dashboard reporting in Excel. I found it very easy to create a standard output of data from TapForms and then XLS simply imports the standard data (the format is consistent) and Voila! A CRM dashboard.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.