Bug (?) – Working with Pick Lists

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Jose Monteiro
    Participant

Hi,

I read somewhere on TF Mac Manual that on a field with a Pick List, we could:
    1. Clicking on the field, select a value from the Pick List.
    2. But it would also be possible to insert a new value into the field, and that new value would be added to the Pick List.

I thought then that clicking on the arrows shown on field’s box would allow us to select a value from the Pick List.
    And clicking somewhere else on the field, would allow us to insert a new value on the field that would be added to the Pick List.

But that’s not what is happening.
    Clicking anywhere on the field will allow us only to select a value from the Pick List.

The question are:
    – Is the feature stated on point 2 available and there is a way to insert a new value that I’m not aware of?
    – Should it work as stated on point 3, and there’s a Bug that needs to be corrected?
    – The only way to add values to Pick Lists is by editing them.

September 10, 2017 at 7:09 PM #24506

Brendan
    Keymaster

Click on the Pick List button next to a field, then at the bottom of the popover view there’s a text field. Type a new value into that field and click the [+] button. That’ll add a new value to the Pick List right there. Or you can just add values on the Edit Pick List screen in the Preferences window.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.