Bug when scrolling (selecting items vs scrolling)

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Bug when scrolling (selecting items vs scrolling)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Frank Tikket
    Participant

Hi Brenden,

I just wanted to see if you could fix a simple bug found within this stellar software….

When scrolling down a record on any iOS device, if you have a rating/star field and you accidentally land your finger on it during the scroll, it automatically sets a rating. Basically the scrolling function doubles as rating selector if you land in the rating field.

I find myself rating things I never wanted. Imagine scrolling down your native apple contacts and calling people when you finger lands on their name as you were merely scrolling. The native apple apps differentiate between a stop & select vs a scroll.

Just saying. Otherwise fantastic app with incredible improvements. This is helping so many people in so many different ways and fields that people are using it for, incredible!

May 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM #10279

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

I recently changed the behaviour of the rating field so that it changes the value only upon releasing your finger to try to deal with this very issue. It used to change the rating value as soon as you tapped on the star. iOS is supposed to detect the difference between a tap and a scroll. So even if you were tapping on a star while scrolling and then you removed your finger, it should not change the value when you let go. That should be interpreted as a scroll gesture and not a tap gesture.

But I’ll do some more investigations on this. Which version are you using?

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.