Bug on Output with Excel

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Daniel Smith
    Participant

Hi. I am having a few issues with inconsistencies in the database file. My database is not huge but approximately 150 records. Sometimes when I shut down and reopen some of my records have ‘glitched’. At times fields will just be blank or sometimes info from one record is in another record. Eg Address field from Record 1 is in Address field from Record 2. I output to excel format every day and at times the output is correct but sometimes it is missing fields or the fields have jumbled across records. I am using TapForms 5 on Mac & iPhone. Sync with cloudant has stopped working but not sure if that is related. Once I opened and all my records where missing so I restored from backup.

Really like the software overall and have come from Bento initially but these issues are making my workflow much more difficult as I cannot trust the output.

Has anyone had any similar issues or able to provide some advice?

September 30, 2016 at 3:51 PM #19867

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Is the data that’s in the wrong fields displaying on the multi-column list view? Or on a custom layout or on the default layout? I haven’t heard from anyone else with this specific problem though other than editing a Note field on a custom layout can cause the data in the multi-column list view for that field not to show right until you quit and re-launch the app.

October 3, 2016 at 4:20 PM #19906

Daniel Smith
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for the reply. It seems to be actually moving the data across to a seperate field in all views.

Thanks
    Daniel

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.