Bookkeeping template request.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Adrian Lambert
    Participant

Hi there,
    Does anyone have a bookkeeping template that they would be prepared to share for use by a small business in the UK?
    Thanks

December 20, 2014 at 7:26 PM #12445

B K
    Participant

Maybe, in this case, a dedicated bookkeeping or accounting program might be worth it. I did a fair share of bookkeeping and just can’t image how Tapforms could handle so much calculations. Tapforms seems more like a database.

A few of the best and most expensive are reviewed here at Macworld: http://www.macworld.com/article/2141440/the-best-mac-accounting-apps.html
    which could give you a good idea of features they offer, even if more than you need.

Some free are here: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/best-free-accounting-software-8-programs-we-recommend-1136684
    (some of which include V.A.T., etc.)

So much depends, I would think, on what you need or want to do. Besides just tracking income and expenses, lots of programs figure you might have to handle different tax rates, or maybe send out invoices to customers? — keep track of an inventory? — keep track of time spend working on projects, etc.

I found such a package absolutely worth it (when I was running a business). For just personal finance now I use Money, very simple: income,expenses, budget, net worth, many accounts possible, cheaper than TapForms. I esp. like how it has an iPhone/iPad version and they all automatically synch.

Good luck.

March 1, 2017 at 6:25 PM #21317

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think a dedicated bookkeeping or accounting program will work better. If you have less budget you can try any free online bookkeeping software like Zipbooks. There are so much calculation and it would be better to take help from 3rd party trusted software.

March 25, 2017 at 8:10 PM #21713

Anonymous
    Inactive

Find it here: zipbooks.com/bookkeeping-services/

April 10, 2017 at 6:11 AM #21869

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I have a small business and I use PDF templates on originformstudio.com. True, their services are not free.

May 13, 2017 at 12:18 AM #23112

Ron Murdock
    Participant

I use a program called Easy Books (for Mac). It isn’t free, but it really does the job.

June 8, 2017 at 6:26 PM #23483

Ian Longley
    Participant

I’m an accountant. For a small business my current preference is QuickBooks Online. Here in Australia there are 4 different subscriptions available – Self-Employed, Simple Start, Essentials and Plus. However if your bookkeeping needs are very simple an app may be all you need. For a small sports club I use the iXpenseIt app from FYI Mobileware inc. on my iPhone. For the same club I use TapForms to maintain a membership database.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.