Blog and Status Update

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

James Hayes
    Participant

There has not been a new blog post since 2020 so I have to ask what is going on with TapForms. I see Brendan posting to the forums but no word on what the future holds. Coming up on 3 years without any news does not give me a lot of confidence in the future of the product. Please throw us a bone as to what the future holds.

March 23, 2023 at 1:18 PM #49195

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Oh I’m just not an avid blogger. I had actually hired a guy for a while to write some newsletters and blog posts for me. But it didn’t really progress the way I had hoped, so I no longer used their services. I really should post something new.

I’m definitely working on a new version of Tap Forms now. I have a few beta testers running it right now, but it’s rough at the moment and no where near ready for public consumption.

I work on Tap Forms every day still. Tap Forms 5 is mostly in maintenance mode right now while I work on a new version I’m calling Tap Forms Pro. It’s a pretty sizeable upgrade which I’ve actually been working on for more than a year now. I don’t really want to get into what new features it will have, but one of the most obvious ones will be full Apple Silicon support.

Thanks! and sorry for not posting on the blog.

Brendan

March 30, 2023 at 8:47 PM #49222

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Worthwhile things take a lot of work. CYAN, the creators of the Myst adventure game, will soon be releasing a new adventure game, Firmament. I contributed to CYAN’s Kickstarter effort to launch the project. After four years of waiting, a ship date has finally been announced. It’s been a long wait, but they did throw a few bones out along the way to make the wait a little more interesting.

March 30, 2023 at 9:50 PM #49224

Brendan
    Keymaster

I loved MYST. In fact, it inspired my wife and I to start working on writing an adventure game a very long time ago. But then we had kids and nothing ever came of it. Oh well.

I bought the latest version of MYST last year and had fun playing it. I finally finished it! Like 20 or so years after it first came out :)

It’ll be interesting to see their new one.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.