Block alteration of form with password

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

It´s possible to block alterations to a form with some kind of password ?

If I make a form and put it on a iphone of my employee, I would like for him just to create new records, without possibility of modifying the form.

Thanks in advance

Afonso Sottomayor

September 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM #4772

Simba
    Participant

If not a password, a universal form editing “lock / unlock”, simple. Or “Edit this Form” option when double clicking a field.

September 8, 2011 at 8:32 PM #4788

Brendan
    Keymaster

Would you anticipate having to enter in a password in Tap Forms on your employee’s iPhone in order to prevent them from editing a form? One password for all forms? Or a separate password per form?

Thanks,

Brendan

September 8, 2011 at 9:21 PM #4799

lgol27
    Participant

I would say to mark a form, when creating it, as unmodifable. So in order to modify it you need to enter a password. So employees can create and modify their own forms but can’t touch those that the company provided.

September 9, 2011 at 1:06 AM #4801

Simba
    Participant

You would almost need two options in Form Creation

1) Prevent form change.

2) Prevent changing record data (after importing .csv values), this is important to me as I have multiply users using the same Ipod and need the data to be consistent.

– Toggle on/off with password or switch.

– Keep it per form, not universal.

Keep up the good work. This app has a huge amount of potential, ( I’m sure you have had a chance to look at Memento (for android) and CSV Viewer for Ipod/phone

S

September 9, 2011 at 1:13 AM #4802

Brendan
    Keymaster

Interesting, it looks like Memto is very similar to Tap Forms. Although only from the description. They have 19 fields, I have 19 fields. Hmmm….

So a separate password per form? Would that be overkill? Imagine 10 forms and 10 different passwords to remember. You’d need a form in Tap Forms to keep track of all your form passwords! :-)

Thanks!

Brendan

September 9, 2011 at 1:43 AM #4803

Simba
    Participant

You have a point on being overkill, if only we could “lock” the form/records from being changed, that would work for me, I find the user sometime swill tap too long on the field view and go into edit mode, which sometimes results in changed values.

Get a hold of an android phone/emulator and give Memento a try, you will see what I mean about record/field lock.

S

September 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM #4804

lgol27
    Participant

It is doable. You can add a access options screen in edit form dialog with following options :

Read only on/off

Modify on/off

Password

Something similar to field options screen

September 9, 2011 at 11:14 AM #4805

lgol27
    Participant

And you can activate password only if modify option is on.

September 12, 2011 at 5:09 PM #4820

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

For me it will be enough for now to block editions of forms globally.

For records, I think it should be free to create, edit and so on.

One thing about this application is simplicity, adding too many options it will be anti-natura, let´s keep it simple, for dummy’s like me :)

One day it would be nice to get a password for each form, it will enable users to create new forms or to supply a form not modifiable to someone.

Thanks,

Afonso

October 18, 2011 at 1:45 PM #4901

Simba
    Participant

When designing a new form, why not have the option for each field, the ability to toggle “Edit / Cannot Edit ” (while viewing a record) . This would prevent the user from tapping the screen too many times and going into edit mode while navigating a record. Global password would be nice too maybe the easiest to implement.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.