Blank displays for Matches on "All Forms"

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Blank displays for Matches on "All Forms"

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

John Wiggins
    Participant

Not sure if it is just my system, or something with database recently imported from Bento, but I see a reproducable display quirk when I do a Find commands and use the “All Forms” option. The symptom is that the contents of the match(es) are sometimes not displayed. I am running with latest Tap Forms 5 from Apple App Store 5.2.11 (Build 894) and using iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) running High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E202), also latest.

Enclosed video shows this minor display bug. If you cannot see the top with the search filed, the string “E.T.” is being entered (without the quotes).

Thanks,
    John Wiggins

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 7, 2018 at 9:49 AM #28597

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Thanks for the video. That’s interesting.

I’ll try to reproduce this issue here and see what I can figure out.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 7, 2018 at 5:56 PM #28599

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah ok. I understand the issue now.

It’s because you’re in the multi-column list view mode. If you switch to the single column list view mode, it’ll work much better.

The problem is that in multi-column list view mode the records are displayed in rows and columns. So the field columns in the header can’t match all of the fields in the different forms. For now, just switch to the single-column list view mode to make that work for you. I’ll have to think about how I can solve that problem. The header row probably shouldn’t even display anything when searching all forms. That control doesn’t support multiple headers. I would almost need one for each different form in the search results. That’s why the single-column list view works better for those kinds of searches.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 7, 2018 at 10:56 PM #28604

John Wiggins
    Participant

Got it, my case is ‘special’ I was lured into expecting updates because the because my Form elements are mostly common. If you keep the display, perhaps the columns should change as you click each *Bold” Forms row? Alternatively, you do have space to put new column headers in the same row as each Forms row….

BUG: (There is also a display bug when in the “single list view” even if all Forms have been set to “Default Layout.” If I enter search from Form without a match, then the display is not updated when I switch between matches in the Forms column. I enclose video of that in this reply.)

Also, in the “Single-column list view” it may be ‘safe’ to have the 3rd panel “Full Display” panel switches to “Default Layout” whenever I click on an “All Forms” match from a new Form. However, it might be better if the program could remember the Layout that was last selected. This does not seem to be logically different than when I click on different forms in the “Forms” far left section and then Tap Forms 5 nicely remembers what view was selected last time I visited that form.

These are relatively minor issues that I can workaround with the current GUI, but know you would want to fix them.

Thanks again, John

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.